31 Days...

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Musty Suitcases

So not many boxes at the new place have been emptied. I seem to never be home long enough to get anything truly accomplished. It is getting pretty frustrating too. There are things I have used recently, before the move, and simply haven't unearthed them yet! Items I really would like to find - but who knows where they are! And have you noticed that if you don't use something for a period of time you forget about it...and then one day you recall it - and try to remember where it is...

Seems like what is going on in my head these days too. There were things that I thought I was done with. Thought I had "dealt with" years ago. They lay dormant for over a decade. And now - in the midst of everything else going on in my life - they have been stirred back up. This goes back to the teapot analogy - bubbling or boiling up. Guess the fire has gotten hot enough and God has some pouring out to do. The thing about what comes out of the teapot though is that it is HOT! And therefore painful if you touch it - you know what I am saying?

So back to my original suitcase analogy. Try to stay with me here...
It occurred to me this morning that it's sort of like an old suitcase. You discover it in the attic and think - ooh -what treasures might be inside? When you open it - the smell of mustiness over takes you. You know you need to clear it out now that its been opened - but who wants to touch the stuff?! So not only do I have heavy and overloaded suitcases - it seems I have some musty items as well. And I REALLY don't want to go there! But I am being challenged enough in my daily journey to become the woman God made me to be - that bold and courageous one - to know that I really don't have any other choice. So I am putting on the gloves, so to speak, and digging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment