31 Days...

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Intentionally Writing, Yet Oh So Tired!

So I started my Spiritual Formation class last night at Pfeiffer University.  I get up at 5:30 or 6:00 most mornings and on class nights I have to drive 2 hours there and 2 hours back and so it is 11:00pm before I get home. That's a long day. So, needless to say - I'm tired tonight. I should have been reading for class and writing earlier rather than plopped on the couch watching the season opener of American Idol with my two girls. But I made that choice-  intentionally.
One of our tasks in this class is to keep a journal. It always amazes me how many people have NEVER kept a journal. Where do you put all those thoughts? What do you do with them? Anyway, I have kept journals on and off my entire life. They have gotten me into trouble on at least two occassions. Boyfriends should NEVER read their girlfriends' journals - I'm just saying! Guess they had it coming.
So I have decided that I am going to write mine in this blog. Now perhaps I should just start a new blog and keep it more to myself. But as I have thought about this for the past week or so, realizing that I am already behind in my own goal with this blog and my living life intentionally this year - I figured this is the way to do it. I am just going to be very bold and very courageous and really put myself out there and use my blog as my journal. Now I usually prayer journal my personal and spiritual struggles with God in a notebook. I have in the past nearly 2 years that I have had this blog shared some of that with you - whoever "you" might be. I guess there are one or two of "you" out there anyway! ;) But I am going to TRY, and I emphasize TRY, to be out there and honest for the next 14 weeks as I journey through this class and my journaling.
Here is what I hope to accomplish through the class:
1) A better understanding of my calling. I feel like I have lost touch with it, with God and quite honestly sometimes, with myself. I want to know that I know that I know what God has called me to and for. I need to know for certain that it wasn't this romantic notion I had in my head based on the events and people in my life at the time. I was certain then, so why am I no longer certain. Is it a coincidence that I have heard two sermons on "calling" this week?
2) To grow closer in my relationship with God. Period.
3) To learn skills that will help me to help others in their journey of faith.
4) To build my spiritual muscle through the classic disciplines of faith - learning new ones, trying ones I have never tried before and strengthening the ones that I find fit me best.
5) An "A". I told you I was going to be honest. I like getting "A's" and so I do - I want an "A"!
So, here we are. Sort of a take-off point. Some days I may write a lot and some very little. I may even try my hand at art and photography - assuming I can figure out how to add that stuff to my blog!
Feel free to journey with me. I would love for you to share your thoughts and comments with me.
Now - it's time for bed. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment